Organizations of all sizes face constant cyberthreats and cyberattacks from both internal and external attackers. Increase your knowledge of cybersecurity resources, tools, laws, and methods with the Cybersecurity BSc course at the American Public University. Your cybersecurity courses in the BS in Cybersecurity will provide you with the opportunity to learn from instructors with a wealth of real-world expertise.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Critical Infrastructure
- Digital Forensics
- Privacy and Surveillance
- Wireless and Mobile Security
What You Will Do
- Understand cybersecurity’s various aspects, including cyber defense, cyber operations, cyber exploitations, cyber intelligence, cybercrime, and cyber law within federal and state laws
- Learn cyber forensics processes and investigation goals, including the importance of search warrants and chain of custody for computer-related crimes
- Create strategies and plans for security architecture, such as the tools, techniques, and technologies that detect and prevent network penetration, and design effective cybersecurity countermeasures
- Grow your knowledge of network designs, topologies, architectures, protocols, communications, administration, operations, and resource management for wired, wireless, and satellite networks that affect cyberspace security
- Computer and Network Security
- Information Security
- Database Systems Security
- IT Security: Planning and Policy
- Ethics in Information Technology
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesCriminal Law IT Security Cyber Security View 56 other Bachelors in Cyber Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International8550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 48 months.
National8550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 48 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.