Explore human development across the lifespan by pursuing the Human Development and Family Studies BA course at the American Public University.
APU’s online human development degree examines human interaction, emphasizing how people are affected by their environments and how they impact others. Coursework covers lifespan development, human sexuality, family life, family communications, and parenting. Practical exercises allow you to apply your knowledge. Some activities have included interviewing senior citizens about the aging process, creating a parenting class brochure and presentation, and developing a preschool lesson plan.
Classes in this bachelor’s in human development can prepare you to pursue becoming a Certified Family Life Educator, Certified Child Life Specialist, or earning the Child Development Associate Credential.
What You Will Do
- Learn the terms, tools, and methods used in the field of human development and family studies
- Learn the theories and practices that promote healthy development across the lifespan and across the family system
- Explore current trends, viewpoints, controversies, and research in the field
- Engage with research on topics impacting children and families
- Complete practical assignments designed to support professional success
- The American Family
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Infant-Toddler Development
- Family Development
- Human Life Span Development
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 29 other Bachelors in Family & Consumer Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International8550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 48 months.
National8550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 48 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.