If you are passionate about human rights and have a strong sense of social justice, this is the perfect course to begin your journey towards a rewarding career in social work. Bachelor of Social Work at Deakin University equips you with the knowledge and skills to enhance the wellbeing of others through an understanding of policy, socioeconomic factors and social equity issues.
Gain the skills to work effectively with individuals, families and communities to address key factors causing inequality. With an emphasis on progressive, student-centred teaching practices, we ensure you learn the latest approaches to enable social change and improve the lives of others.
1000 hours of practice education placements will give you invaluable hands-on experience as you learn from qualified social work practitioners. You’ll complete two placements in a variety of communities and workplaces in metropolitan, regional or rural settings, ensuring you gain multiple perspectives and graduate job-ready.
After completing this course, you will be a sought-after graduate, ready to pursue a rewarding career in social work. You may work in many general and specialist areas of social work such as:
- community development
- drug and alcohol counselling
- family therapy
This course is accredited with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Students completing the course are eligible to apply for membership of AASW and can practise professionally throughout Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Health
- Theories for Social Work Practice: Social Work Theory and Practice
- Social Work Methods in Context: Social Work Theory and Practice
- Health Behaviour
- Psychology A: Fundamentals of Human Behaviour
- Public Policy and Politics for Critical Social Workers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 70 other Bachelors in Social Work in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prerequisite subjects: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.
- ATAR: This course uses the ATAR as part of its selection consideration
- Education: This course uses your entire academic record as part of its selection considerations.
- Senior secondary prerequisite subjects: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 25 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- CRICOS code: 015207F
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 48 months.
National10581 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10581 AUD per year during 48 months.
- National - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Geelong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.