As you progress, your developing analytical and problem-solving abilities will combine with hands-on experience of industrial medical devices and instruments, establishing skills that are vital to employment in the wider industry.
Engineering at Swansea University has a strong reputation and attracts students from across the world.
- Medical Engineering is ranked 2nd in the UK for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2020).
- Within six months of graduating, 97% of our Engineering graduates are employed or in further study (16/17 Graduate DLHE).
- A flexibly structured degree path means you have the opportunity to study abroad for a year or work in industry for a year.
A selection of optional modules are offered in the later years of study, helping to closely align the degree with your interests.
Graduates of the Biomedical Engineering with a Foundation Year (Hons) degree from Swansea University are set on course for a range of exciting career opportunities. Your future could lie in any of the following roles:
- Biomedical Engineer
- Clinical Engineer/Scientist
- Medical Research Scientist
- Rehabilitation Engineer
- Prosthetic Design Engineer
- Application Engineer in Medical Devices
- Bioinstrumentation Engineer
- Robotic Surgical Instruments
- Engineering Analysis
- Circuit Analysis
- Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Science
- Human Neuromusculoskeletal System
- Engineering Analysis
- Strength of Materials
- Instrumentation and Control
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 153 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds for the Engineering Foundation Year. Each application is considered on a case-by case basis, depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant.
- For A level or IB students, our standard offer is BBB - BCC at A level, or 26 at IB.
- Students studying for BTEC or other vocational qualifications, who might not have the right pre-requisite Mathematical background for Year 1 entry, may also apply for this scheme. BTEC entry requirements for the Foundation Year are DDD, with D in all Mathematics modules.
- All applicants are also expected to hold minimum B grades at GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and all sciences, including at least two A grades.
International20050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20050 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.