During your four-year degree you’ll learn about theory and practice, language teaching methodology, vocabulary, grammar and meaning, psycholinguistics, first and second language acquisition and discourse analysis.
You will spend your third year in Spain – an exciting and rewarding experience, which will further enhance your career prospects.
You will be able to explore the theory and practice of teaching English as a second language, language teaching methodology, vocabulary, grammar and meaning, psycholinguistics, first and second language acquisition and discourse analysis.
You can choose Spanish modules covering Spanish language, culture, and fiction as well as vocational themes in translation and language teaching.
Throughout your degree you will have an academic mentor who will provide you with pastoral and academic support.
Students on this TESOL and Spanish (Hons) degree from Swansea University typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates from this course enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- teaching English as a foreign language
- journalism, media and public relations
- speech and language therapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Grammar and Meaning
- The sound system of English
- Tools for English Language Teaching
- Teaching Practice
- Studying Dialect
- Discourse Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 1340 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement.
- We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.