You’ll develop the skills required to manage sport organisations, coordinate sporting competitions and major events, and work in community-based sporting programs. With the increased professionalism of sport, you’ll learn how to manage the business side of sport, with specialised training in sport marketing, finance, management and law. You can also build your expertise with a complementary business major.
When you join the longest-running sport management course in Australia, you’ll gain access to unique opportunities with leading organisations. Our partnerships with the Geelong Football Club and Netball Australia open the door to exciting placement experiences that connect you with the best athletes, managers and administrators in sport.
The professionalisation of sport in Australia and globally – especially women’s and junior sport – has opened the door to exciting new roles and pathways. Career opportunities of the Bachelor of Business (Sport Management) at Deakin University include:
- Advertisement and Sponsorship Consultant
- Commercial Partnership Administrator
- Community Engagement Officer
- Event Operations Coordinator
- Facility Manager Media and Marketing Manager
- Player agent
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sport and the Law
- Sport Organisation
- Sport in Society
- Managing High Performance Sport
- Sport Management Practicum
- Sport Facility and Event Management
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Leadership and Governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Sports Management View 134 other Bachelors in Management Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- This course uses the ATAR as part of its selection consideration
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35800 AUD per year during 36 months.
National14370 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14370 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.