During the degree, the general principles of biology, marine biology and marine science will be explored, with the taxonomy, physiology, behaviour and ecology of marine vertebrates highlighted.
Opportunities will be presented to consider applied aspects of zoology such as fisheries, aquaculture, conservation biology and ecotourism.
Why choose Bangor University for this Marine Vertebrate Zoology (Hons) course?
- This course course is the only one of its kind offered by UK universities.
- Our School is one of the largest university centres teaching marine sciences in Britain and is among the biggest in Europe.
- Bangor’s location makes it an ideal place to study marine habitats, with easy access to the sea and shores. Seabird, seal and dolphin populations are resident and accessible for field study.
- Our excellent facilities include a shelf-sea research vessel, tropical marine, temperate marine and freshwater aquaria and, unusually for a British university, our own Zoology Museum
The course is ideal preparation for careers in research, marine resource management, conservation, environmental impact assessment, fisheries, coastal authorities, government advisory bodies, the scientific media, ecotourism and other leisure industries and pressure groups.
- Science Skills Tutorial
- Environmental data & analysis
- Organismal Diversity
- Marine Biology Practical
- Fundamentals of Oceanography
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Those received between 26 January and 30 June will continue to be forwarded to universities by UCAS where places are still available.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Animal Sciences Aquaculture & Fisheries View 243 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels (including Biology and usually 1 other science subject - Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science/Studies, Economics, Psychology; excluding General Studies.)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (including Biology).
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma in Applied Science: MMP - DDM.
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical / Extended Diploma in Environmental Conservation or Countryside & Environmental: MMP - DDM.
- Access to HE Science
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted.
- Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma is not accepted.
International17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.