This degree is a fully integrated marine science course which incorporates all aspects of the marine system - physical, chemical, biological, and geological – with, in addition, management issues, such as management of the coastal zone, environmental policy, and sustainable development.
The Marine Environmental Studies course covers the whole ocean system, but concentrates on the coastal and shelf seas, since these are the focus of socio-economic activity and are the most susceptible to climatic and human-induced change. It is suitable for students both with and without mainstream science backgrounds.
Why choose Bangor University for this Marine Environmental Studies course?
- The School of Ocean Sciences is one of the largest university centres teaching marine sciences in Britain and is among the biggest in Europe.
- In addition, other Schools at Bangor contribute expertise in terrestrial environmental science, natural resource management and environmental law.
- We have unrivalled local access to the sea and seashore, ideal for developing skills in estuaries, on the seashore and at sea.
This course is intended for students who wish to pursue careers in administrations that require expert knowledge of marine science and its socio-economic implications at local and regional levels, such as conservation organisations, local authorities, government advisory bodies, the media and pressure groups.
- Science Skills Tutorial
- Environmental data & analysis
- Earth Systems and Processes
- Fundamentals of Oceanography
- Science Skills Tutorial
- Earth, Climate & Evolution
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Those received between 26 January and 30 June will continue to be forwarded to universities by UCAS where places are still available.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies Environmental Sciences View 23 other Bachelors in Hydrology & Water Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels (including grades CC in 2 science subjects -Biology, Geography, Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Economics, Maths, Statistics, Geology, Physics, Psychology, Computing; excluding General Studies).
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (including H5 in 2 science subjects)
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma in Applied Science: MMP - DMM.
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical / Extended Diploma in Environmental Conservation or Countryside & Environmental: MMP - DMM
- Access to HE Science
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted.
- Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma is not accepted.
International17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.