Over three years you will learn about using isotopes and various forms of radiation to diagnose and treat many diseases, including different types of cancers, heart disease, gastrointestinal, endocrine and neurological disorders.
By taking the Healthcare Science (Nuclear Medicine) (Hons) programme from Swansea University you will combine in-depth academic work with practical clinical and technological skills in a range of specialised healthcare settings.
Nuclear Medicine is an exciting, continually developing field that requires a high level of responsibility and technical skill. As a medical physics technologist, you will be operating, maintaining, and monitoring complex, specialised equipment used in the diagnosis and treatment of patients of all ages.
As your career progresses, you will have excellent opportunities for advanced practice and further study to Masters and doctoral level.
Job prospects are excellent, with nearly 100 per cent of Healthcare Sciences students going on to work in their chosen profession within six months of graduating (Destination of Leavers in HE Study)
The NHS starting salary for Medical Physics Technologists is around £24,214, rising to £43,772. There are also many opportunities to work in research, education, management, and the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The excellent facilities in the College of Human and Health Sciences include a realistic clinical suite so you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice in an environment that reflects as closely as possible the actual conditions that you will experience when you go on placement.
- Half your course will be taught at our Singleton Park campus on the edge of the beautiful Gower Peninsula and the other half will take place in healthcare settings.
- We have very strong links with healthcare providers and Welsh health boards, opening up a wide range of clinical placement opportunities for you.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Management Health Sciences View 401 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical A-level Offer
- Minimum BBB at A level, including maths or physics.
- Distinction and Merit profile against the rules of combination. We do not accept Access to Healthcare or Access to Healthcare and Nursing.
- Pass at B and either BB at A level (including Maths or Physics) or DD at BTEC
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.