In this Music Performance and Production (Hons) course from Leeds Beckett University you’ll have the option to gain invaluable work experience through a placement year in industry and the opportunity to work with external clients in your final year.
Throughout your course you’ll be encouraged to perform externally in the many venues that Leeds has to offer. Previous students have performed at events including the Live at Leeds festival, which attracts thousands of visitors to venues across the city every year.
As part of your course you’ll:
- Concentrate on four themes: performance (group and individual), composition and arrangement, technology and production, and contextual studies
- Work alongside students and staff both in the studio and at live music venues, building a portfolio that will help you achieve your professional ambitions as a musician
- Work in conjunction with students from music production in the studios as well as working in live venues
- Have access to workshops and industry professionals through our links with JAMES (Joint Audio Media Education Support) and the Music Producers Guild
With its strong vocational element, your course will help you nurture your industry contacts and kick-start your career in music. Both in the studio and on stage, you will gain plenty of practical experience to hone your production and performance skills. You could progress on to a postgraduate course in music production at the University, or you might decide to train to be a teacher.
- Professional musician
- Record producer
- Music teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music in Context
- Music Performance Techniques
- Composition for Performance & Production
- Audio Production Techniques
- Music Performance Technologies
- Analysing Performance & Production
- Creative Studio Production
- Live Music Performance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 421 other Bachelors in Music in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Selection Criteria
Your personal statement should show: Evidence of aptitude for music performance. Evidence of ability to contribute to and develop music performances in a variety of contexts. Evidence of ability to contribute with others in a performance setting to a balanced musical ensemble. Evidence of willingness to extend musical and performing talent through technology. Evidence of a breadth of musical and performing experience. Evidence of commitment to self-motivated independent study.
- Interview Required
We conduct interviews as part of the admissions process and suitable applicants will be invited to an interview - interview dates will be published in due course. Invitations are sent via UCAS and you should check your UCAS Track account for further interview details. At the interview you will be interviewed individually and take part in a Group Performance Workshop.
- International baccalaureate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.