As part of your course you’ll:
- Understand the physical nature and behaviour of sound and use this to benefit audio production and performance
- Analyse how audio systems work
- Study a blend of engineering, acoustics, programming and electronics
- Apply your skills and knowledge to acoustic issues and technical requirements you’ll face in industry
- Learn to record live sound, digital broadcasts, studio and location sound and audio-visual applications
- Work across a variety of environments including live music events, studio sound and sound reproduction systems
You’ll practise using your knowledge to find solutions to audio engineering problems. For example, you’ll learn how to predict and reduce the acoustic impact of rail lines on nearby homes, and how to design a public address system to deliver a speech to thousands of listeners
You will graduate as a talented audio engineer capable of forging a career in a variety of roles, including live sound, venue design and studio design. You could work as a loudspeaker designer, PA system technician, recording studio designer, music software designer, conference sound engineer, sound editor or web sound technician. Further study on our MSc Audio Engineering course will also be an option.
- Audio Engineer
- Loudspeaker Designer
- PA System Technician
- Recording Studio Designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analogue & Digital Audio Systems
- Acoustics & Critical Listening
- Audio Production Techniques
- Audio Electronics
- Creative Audio Technologies
- Audio Engineering Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSound Engineering View 94 other Bachelors in Sound Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Selection Criteria
- International baccalaureate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.