Bachelors Webinar- February 1
If you contemplate studying in Denmark join the free Bachelors Webinar and learn more. For more info and sign up see official programme website.
New active and smart materials are needed to improve our quality of life using less resources. New biotechnological processes are needed to avoid the use of potentially harmful chemicals in production, and new insights are needed to develop new energy carriers (fuels) based on renewable sources and produced through sustainable production.
As an engineer within chemistry and biotechnology you will get the skills and competences to develop and design processes that solve societal challenges. You will through our problem based teaching approach learn to analyse a problem and figure out exactly what’s needed of a good solution.
You will in a creative academic environment learn to use your knowledge and be challenged on your ideas by professional researchers. Through experiments in state of the art labs you will test your developed concepts and see for yourself if it works. You will be involved in industrial collaboration, working on problems from companies and experience that you already as a student make a difference.
Job and career
With a programme in Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology at Aalborg University - Esbjerg within the field of chemical engineering and biotechnology your future work place may be a consulting engineering company, a production company, a ministry or maybe you would like to become a PhD student at a university or a research institution.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the “real world”.
- design of new materials for medical equipment
- production of solar cells for energy production
- production of enzymes
- reducing air pollution
- securing food quality
- securing clean drinking water
- production of ceramic nanomaterials for e.g. self-cleaning window surfaces
- straw and wood chips conversion to bioethanol and biogas
- testing and chemical analysis in relation to environmental and product control
- gas and oil extraction
- optimising processes on offshore installations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Problem Based Learning in Science, Technology and Society
- General Chemistry
- Biological Active Molecules – Cell Biology and Biological Chemistry
- Fundamental Chemical Engineering and Thermodynamics
- Linear Algebra
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biotechnology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To meet the entry requirements for the Bachelor's programme in Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, you need the following qualifications:
- Upper secondary school exam
- English B with a minimum grade of 3,0 in average or English A with a minimum grade of 2,0 or an acceptable IELTS or TOEFL or Cambridge score
- Mathematics A with a minimum grade of 4,0 in average
And one of the following combinations:
- Physics B and Chemistry B
- Physics B and Biotechnology A
- Geoscience A and Chemistry B
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13653 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13653 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Esbjerg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.