The Biology (Hons) degree from Swansea University has a strong reputation and draws students from across the world and is based on our stunning Singleton Park campus overlooking Swansea Bay.
Your learning will be shaped by inspirational and internationally-renowned academics including Professor Rory Wilson – Chief Scientific Consultant behind National Geographic’s Great Migrations, and Dr Richard Unsworth – advisor on the globally acclaimed BBC series Blue Planet II.
Biology Employment Opportunities
Our graduate have become Ecologists, Project Officers, Hydrometry and Telemetry Officers, Benthic Taxonomists, Wildlife and Education Officers, Animal Keepers and Crop Technicians.
Our department has strong connections with international and national organisations such as Natural Resources Wales, The British Mammal Society and The National Wetlands Centre Wales which will add value to your studies.
Programme StructureAvailable with Year in Industry or Year Abroad options
- Marine Biology, BSc (Hons) Zoology, BSc (Hons)
- Biological Sciences deferred choice, BSc (Hons) Environmental Science and the Climate Emergency, (BSc Hons)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 411 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels: grades ABB-BBB, to include Biology or Human Biology, or equivalent.
- Welsh Baccalaureate: Requirements are as for A levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core Grade
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Grades DDD plus at least one GCSE grade B in Science with GCSE Grades C in English/Welsh and Mathematics. Accepted BTECs: Applied Science, Environmental Sustainability, Countryside Management.
- Scottish Highers: ABBCC to include Biology grade B.
- Access to Science (Bioscience): 24 Distinctions (3 of which must be Biology) and 15 Merits at Level 3.
- IB: Pass with 32 overall to include 5 in Higher Level Biology.
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.