Mathematics is the universal language of science. It pervades technology, society, medicine, life, the universe and everything!
Mathematics is also one of the most powerful tools for analysis and problem solving known to mankind. Thus, mathematics provides a unique combination of factors: a pure science with infinite intrigue awaiting a curious mind, and a hugely valuable and employable skill set enabling a broad range of possible future careers.
Graduates from this Mathematics degree at Queen's University Belfast are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline, including mathematics.
According to the Institute for Fiscal Studies, 5 years after graduation, Maths graduates earn 20 per cent more on average than other graduates (IFS 2018) and are the 3rd highest earners compared to all other subjects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rings and Modules
- Dynamical Systems
- Discrete Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Modelling and Simulation
- Financial Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 258 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- A (Mathematics) AB
- A* (Mathematics) BB
- H2H3H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H2 in Mathematics
- Successful completion of Access Course with a minimum of 80% in each Level 3 module. Must be relevant Access Course with substantial Mathematics modules (eg: Mathematics and Computing).
- 34 points overall including 6 (Mathematics) 6,5 at Higher Level. If not offered at Higher Level/GCSE then Standard Level grade 4 in English would be accepted.
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours Degree provided any subject requirement is also met.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4630 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,630
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,630
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £17,900
- International £17,900
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.