Interior architecture is a distinct and separate discipline to architecture. Its specific focus is the creation of innovative and exciting interior spaces, primarily through the adaptation and spatial manipulation of existing buildings.
It is inter-disciplinary in its outlook and acknowledges the importance of other closely related areas, including Interior Design, exhibition design, set and lighting design, retail and product design, interior conservation as well as multidisciplinary and traditional design practice.
The Interior Architecture (Honours) degree offered at the University of Westminster is designed to equip you with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to pursue a career in interior architecture and design related fields and/or go on to further awards in tertiary education, most typically a Masters qualification.
- Interior Architecture BA equips graduates with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge they need to pursue a career in interior architecture or related fields such as interior design, exhibition design, set and lighting design, retail and product design and interior conservation.
- The course also prepares students for study at postgraduate level if they wish. The School of Architecture and Cities offers a range of Master’s courses including the Interior Design MA, Architecture MA and Architecture and Environmental Design MSc. Additionally, graduating students have gone on to study information experience design, urban design and project management in the UK and abroad.
- A History of Architecture
- Technical Studies for Interior Architecture
- Studies in Design: Design Fundamentals
- Studies in Design: Design Strategies
- Architectural History and Urbanism
- Exhibition and Spatial Design
- Studies in Design: Culture and Alteration
- Studies in Design: Material and Detail
- Time-based Media: Film
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The first UCAS deadline is 15 January and all applications received before this date will be considered equally.
- Our final UCAS deadline is 30 June
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 591 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels – BBB to AAB
- International Baccalaureate – 27 points. We also welcome applications from students taking the IB Career related Programme
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DDM to DDD
- BTEC Diploma – Not accepted on its own
- Access – 120 to 136 UCAS Tariff points from the Access course
International14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK tuition fee: £9,250
- International tuition fee: £14,400
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.