On the Criminology (Hons) programme at University of Kent, you consider the criminal justice system alongside criminological and sociological theories. We give you the strong theoretical grounding, analytical expertise and communication skills needed to start a successful career in the criminal justice sector and elsewhere.
Reasons to study Criminology at Kent
- Ranked 1st in the UK for research quality in The Times Good University Guide 2022
- Boost your employability with a year or term abroad, a volunteering placement or by getting involved in some of our experiential learning opportunities
- Develop your criminological imagination by engaging with our wide range of optional modules from interdisciplinary perspectives
- Join our vibrant Socrates student society and take up opportunities to contribute to the development of our learning environment
- Benefit from a wide range of opportunities to develop key academic skills, enhanced research skills and receive comprehensive student support.
The variety of careers related to crime control has increased in recent years, with traditional justice agencies joined by companies in the voluntary and private sectors. Recently, our graduates have gone into:
- the Police force
- Criminal Justice System
- Civil Service
- Non-Governmental organisations and charities
- Drug and alcohol services.
Some graduates choose to go into more general areas such as banking and financial services, or on to further study.
- Crime and Society
- Critical Thinking
- Developing the Criminological Imagination
- Careers in Criminology
- Social Policy and Social Control
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Forensic Science Criminology View 208 other Bachelors in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Access to HE Diploma
- The School is committed to widening participation and has a long and successful tradition of admitting mature students. We welcome applications from students on accredited Access courses.
- Distinction, Distinction, Merit
- 30 points overall or 15 points at HL
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £13000
- UK: £4625
- EU: £6500
- Overseas: £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.