And it includes scheduled hours, time spent on placement and independent study. How this time’s divided among each of these varies each year and depends on the course and modules you study.
- Scheduled hours typically include lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, and supervised laboratory and studio sessions. The types of scheduled lessons you’ll have depend on the course you study.
- Placement hours typically include time spent on a work placement, studying abroad, or field trips.
- Independent study is the time outside your scheduled timetable, where you’ll be expected to study independently. This typically involves coursework, assignments, reading, preparing presentations and exam revision.
The applications of computers and computing continue to grow in industry, in commerce and in pure and applied research. The graduates have moved into all of these areas for their first employment – joining computer manufacturers, software houses and IT departments – while others have undertaken postgraduate study and research.
Hull graduates have recently gained employment with, among others, Sony, the BBC, Government Communications Headquarters, Logica, Dell Computers, Fujitsu, and News International.
Accredited by the British Computer Society (the Chartered Institute for IT) to meet the requirements for full Chartered IT Professional and partial Chartered Engineer status. The MEng programme meets all the requirements for both.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Systems
- Quantitative Methods for Computing
- Software Engineering and Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Science: The Challenge for Sustainable Computing
- Programming and Algorithmic Thinking
- Object Oriented Programming and Principles
- Systems Analysis, Design and Process
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 369 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Points can be from any qualification on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 80 points from:
- A levels
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Scottish Highers
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.