5 Reasons to Study BA (Hons) Tourism Management
- You will develop key tourism management and business skills on a course which received a satisfaction score of 87% overall in the National Students Survey 2020
- The course is recognised by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) and is a key partner of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA)
- You will get to study real world case studies and have the opportunity to visit an overseas destination (Coronavirus pandemic permitting)
- The Tourism Management (Hons) course from University of Hertfordshire gives you the opportunities to do a work placement in small or large corporations, developing key employability skills, both domestically and internationally
- All students have the option to study abroad
What's next for my career?
Graduates have found employment in fields such as tourism planning, international tourism management and within large travel companies, hospitality and airlines. Our graduates can leave with key employability, enterprise and strong interpersonal skills. The average salary six months after graduating is £19,000 rising to an average of £24,000 after 40 months. 75% of BA (Hons) Tourism Management graduates are in work or full time study after 6 months.
Our graduates have secured roles such as account director, conference coordinator, customer relations executive, graduate trainee, marketing manager, project manager, resort representative, sales manager, travel consultant, web search executive and yield developer. Companies include British Airways, EasyJet, Enterprise, Expedia, Hilton International, lastminute.com, Marriot, Mundy Cruising, Ramblers Worldwide, STA Travel, Thomas Cook, TUI and Virgin Atlantic.
The course is recognised by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) and is a key partner of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA).
- Economics for Business
- The Tourism Industry Framework
- Study & Research Skills for the Tourism Industry
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Global Tourism Geography
- Principles of Tourism & Event Marketing
- Data Analysis for Tourism & Event Management
- HR Management for the Tourism & Event Industry
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 1400 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 104-112
- A Level BCC-BBC
- BTEC MMM-DMM
- 1B 104-112
- GCSE: Grade 4/C in English Language and Mathematics
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £1155 per 15 credits
- International: £1750 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.