Why choose this course?
- You’ll be supported in your studies and preparing for your future
- We are ranked 14th for Economics in the UK
- 98% of students are satisfied with the quality of the course -NSS 2019
- The economics course at Hertfordshire has been ranked as the 14th best in the UK (Guardian League Table 2020).
- Broaden your understanding of the role economics plays in shaping policy in companies, institutions, and governments.
- By taking the Business Economics (Hons) course from University of Hertfordshire , you gain the required skills and knowledge that are geared towards the demands of today’s economic environment, allowing you to thrive in your future career.
- Access to first-class teaching facilities and resources, which have been designed to help you with your studies.
- Hertfordshire was ranked as the top university where economics students were challenged to achieve their best work in the 2021 National Student Survey (NSS)
- You will be taught by a skilled and supportive group of academics and professionals, who bring together years of extensive knowledge and experience from different industries and academic institutions. They will challenge you, develop you and equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills required to thrive in today’s economic landscape.
- You could be eligible for a £2,000 scholarship if you achieve a tariff of 120 UCAS points (in one sitting) and are a full-time home student starting your course in September 2022. Full eligibility criteria and further details.
Careers and employability
85% of UH Economics graduates are in employment or further study 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2018-19) and the average salary of our economics students 15 months after graduation is £25,000 (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017-2018).
Many of our graduates have found work in the public sector and private sector, in roles such as Financial Consultant, Business Development Manager, Finance Graduate Trainee, Junior Financial Analyst, Stockbroker and Wealth Adviser.
Our graduates have also gone on to work for reputable employers such as HMRC, Citibank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, Hilton Worldwide and Engie Futures.
Our aim is not only to teach you the principles of economic theory but how to use those theories in practical business environments. This is the reason why so many of our students thrive in industry after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Operations
- Accounting for Business
- The Economics Professional
- Economics Tools and Techniques
- Economy and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics View 941 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBC-BBB
- BTEC DMM-DDM
- GCSE: Grade 4/C in English Language and Mathematics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £1155 per 15 credits
- International: £1750 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.