Why choose this course?
- Study at one of the largest engineering schools in the UK
- Ranked 10th in the UK for Electronic and Electrical engineering
- Work on industry-inspired projects in well-equipped laboratories
- You will have access to modern engineering tools which will give you the advantage of experiencing a hi-tech laboratory environment.
- Students from the School of Engineering and Technology have previously completed work placement years at companies including: Airbus Space and Defence, Bosch Thermotechnology, and Microsoft
- Recent Electrical Engineering graduates have gone on to work at organisations including: Vodafone, Mitsubishi Electric and Stansted Airport
- Ranked 2nd for ‘Overall Satisfaction’ in the 2021 National Student Survey (NSS) for Electrical and Electronic engineering
What's next for my career?The broad-based skills acquired during this Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons) programme from University of Hertfordshire will equip you to enter a wide range of electrical and electronics sectors. Our previous graduates have found employment in medical electronics, power generation and distribution industries, communications, avionics and automotive electronics, with many successfully moving into management positions within a few years. Many others decide to stay at the University and extend their engineering education to a postgraduate level.
- Digital Electronics & Computer Organisation
- Electrical and Electronic Theory
- Career Skills Development
- Sustainable Business of Electronics
- Electronic Engineering Practice
- Practical Safety for Engineers
- Electronic Systems
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Application of Mathematics
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 1183 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBC-BBB: Requires Maths and either Physics or Technology or Engineering based subjects, excluding General Studies/Critical Thinking
- IB requirement 112-120 points: From a minimum of 2 HL subjects at grade 4 or above to include HL Maths and Physics
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £1155 per 15 credits
- International: £1750 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.