The four-year Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics (Honours) degree from Newcastle University allows you to fast-track your engineering career with a direct route to Chartered Engineer status, without needing to study any additional qualifications.
You will take specialist modules looking at mechatronic design, robotics and industrial automation and gain a thorough understanding of a range of engineering topics.
We work closely with industry so your studies reflect the challenges engineers face in the real world. We ensure your practical, professional and academic skills continually develop through guest lectures, placement opportunities and interactions with industry through projects and visits.
The majority of mechanical engineering graduates wish to enter engineering-related careers in order to become professionally qualified. Popular areas are:
- research and development
- quality assurance
Alongside the technical and practical expertise you'll gain during your degree, you'll have opportunities to develop transferable skills, sought after by employers, such as analytical and problem-solving, project-working, teamwork, communication and planning and time management.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Design and Professional Skills
- Electrical and Magnetic Systems
- Electronics and Sensors
- Thermofluid Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mechatronics View 445 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB including Mathematics and at least one of Physics, Chemistry or Further Mathematics, but excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A levels, we require a pass in the practical element.
- GCSE Physics or Dual Award Science (minimum grade B or 6) required if Physics not offered at A or AS level.
- 34 points with Mathematics and at least one of Physics or Chemistry at Higher Level grade 6 or above. Physics required at Standard Level grade 5 or above if not offered at Higher Level.
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23400 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.