Why choose this course?
- Graduate with registered dietitian status (unique in East England)
- The only UK Dietetics programme to offer study abroad option
- Prepare for placement with specialist simulation sessions
- The first UK university to award academic credit for dietetic practice placements.
- Opportunities for practice placements in the NHS (acute and community) and, from 2019, in non-NHS settings.
- Offers undergraduate route to qualify as a dietitian in 3 years rather than 4 years.
- We welcome graduates who are changing direction and want to qualify as a dietitian.
- New science labs and dedicated diet laboratory
- Active student-led Nutrition and Dietetics Society (NADS).
- Encouragement to participate in extracurricular volunteering.
- Excellent record of graduates presenting at British Dietetic Association Research Symposia.
- Active research community
What's next for my career?
Dietitians are employed in the NHS in both hospital and community settings. In addition, dietitians work in sports nutrition, food industry, charities, education and research or on a freelance basis. This degree gives you the theoretical knowledge and the practical experience to meet those expectations.
The Dietetics (Hons) course from University of Hertfordshire has been developed in partnership with NHS Hospital Trusts and Primary Care Trusts, so you can be confident that your knowledge and skills will be a thorough preparation for your future work and give you the opportunity to advance your career into senior roles within the service.
Because this course has been developed in partnership with the NHS, you’ll be fully equipped to work as a dietitian in a range of environments, from hospitals and community settings, to the food industry, charities, education and research. You’ll also have a firm foundation to advance your career into senior roles.
On graduation you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a dietitian.
This course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and accredited by the British Dietetic Association (BDA). On graduation you are eligible to apply for registration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biochemistry and Metabolism
- Human Physiology (Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Cell Biology
- Practice Education 4
- Human Nutrition
- Psychology and Sociology
- Food Science, Safety and Systems
- Research Methods for Nutrition
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 166 other Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 128-136
- A Level ABB-AAB: 3 A Levels to include Grade B in both Biology and Chemistry.
- BTEC DDM-DDD: BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science (optional units should
- include Biology and Chemistry related subjects) with DDM profile. B TEC in Sport or Health and Social Care not accepted unless also has A level chemistry at B.
- GCSE: Grade 4/C in English Language and Mathematics.
- Satisfactory interview
- Occupational health and DBS check
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20085 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20085 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.