The Bachelor Degree in Sociology is offered by American College of Greece.
In conjunction with Anthropology, Sociology deepens understanding of the cross-cultural links among societies and thus appreciation of cultural diversity.
What You Will Study
Balancing the best values of the US system of liberal arts education with the student-centered approach of the British educational system, the Sociology program offers a solid curriculum with a diversity of courses in the following areas:
The subject-specific skills acquired in Sociology enable graduates to build a robust degree, flexible enough to enable them to pursue challenging career paths. As successful holders of advanced degrees, sociology graduates can pursue career paths in academia internationally, with emphasis on teaching and research. Outside academia, sociological knowledge of working with diverse groups is essential. With this knowledge Sociology graduates:
- can enter corporate, non-profit and government organizations (i.e. business, human resources, policy consultants) across local, regional, national and international environments;
- can practice sociology as counselors and program directors in social service agencies (social policy, social work, health-care, law and criminology, psychology, education).
- can experience the applicability of sociology in journalism and in other aspects of media (e.g. ethnographic filmmaking).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Sociology of Modern Life
- Social Inequality
- Family and Gender Roles
- Social Problems
- Analysis of Behavioral Data
- Sociology of Globalization
- Migration and the Global Age
- Classical Sociological Theory
- Quantitative Methods in Sociology
- Qualitative Research Methods in Sociology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One letter of recommendation from teacher/professor of last institution attended; letter from private tutor is not accepted
- Official high school transcript(s) and diploma or Official college/university transcript(s) and catalog (if applying for transfer credits)
- Acceptable evidence of proficiency in English
International13612 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 EUR per credit during 48 months.
EU/EEA10587 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 EUR per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.