Why study BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy at BU?
- Gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to critically assess a service user’s circumstances in order to help them adapt to their environment and maximise their performance potential.
- The Occupational Therapy (with Foundation Year option) (Hons) from Bournemouth University maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability.
- Get hands-on practice using our newly-built clinical simulation facilities, which feature a daily living suite and kitchen, plus equipment to tackle a range of situations commonly encountered by occupational therapists.
- Put your learning into practice with placement experience throughout the course in a variety of settings.
- Experiential learning allows you to work on real-life scenarios to gain knowledge and understanding of occupational roles and how health and wellbeing can affect their functioning
- 90% of our occupational therapy, counselling and psychotherapy students were either employed or in further education within 15 months of finishing their studies.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Occupational Therapy degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Occupational Therapy study. The Foundation Year will be based at the Talbot Campus, Bournemouth.
There are a wide range of roles open to you once you qualify as an occupational therapist, not just in the NHS but also within local authorities, social services, schools and the private sector. Every role is rewarding in its own way and this course will prepare you to work as an OT in a variety of environments, helping people from all walks of life.
You can specialise in paediatrics, mental illness and learning disabilities, among others, or you can go into teaching or research.
You can find out more about occupational therapy career possibilities on the Royal College of Occupational Therapists website.
Accredited by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and endorsed by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Becoming an Occupational Therapist
- Skills for Therapy Practice
- Occupational Therapy in Action
- Analysing Occupation
- Occupational Therapy Portfolio
- Reasoning for Occupational Therapy Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Occupational Health and Safety View 51 other Bachelors in Occupational Health and Safety in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2023 entry:
128 - 144 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent, including 32 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma grade DDM (128 UCAS tariff points) in a required subject.
Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with minimum 6.5 in each component or equivalent.
Examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 76-85%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,4 – 4,4,5 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 75-85%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 75-85%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 7.5 or 8. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17595 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17595 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2023 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.