This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list (either prior to or following an interview). If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing at BU?
- Caring for children and young people is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll work closely with children, young people - from newborns to adolescents - and their families
- Focused on the healthcare needs of children and young people, this course will teach you the theory, diagnostic and practical skills needed to care for children and young people
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain nursing experience in diverse locations including schools, children’s hospital wards and community settings like children’s hospices
- Become immersed in the science and art of child-centred nursing in our newly built skills facilities including simulated hospital wards and community home settings
- Learn from experienced and knowledgeable registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners
- Our annual Careers Fair has numerous healthcare exhibitors in attendance, helping you to gain employment as a registered nurse on completion of the course.
There is a lot of scope to develop an exciting and varied career with this degree.
Although the NHS is the most obvious employer, there are many of other options within the private sector, as well as working in roles that focus on community nursing services for children and young people. Many of the jobs you can apply for after university also have excellent career progression.
Funding support: All nursing students on courses may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding. Please note that this funding is not eligible for students on the Foundation Year, however you will be able to access it once you complete the foundation year and move onto the degree.
Find out more information about the funding: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund.
Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Identifying Knowledge for Practice
- Theoretical Principles of Children's & Young People's Nursing
- Anatomy & Physiology During the Lifespan
- Fundamental Communication Skills
- Underpinning Children's & Young People's Nursing through Social Sciences
- Personal & Professional Development
- Exploring Evidence to Guide Professional Practice
- Acute Illness in Childhood & Adolescence
- Managing Emergency Care in Children's & Young People's Nursing
- Transition from Student to Registered Nurse (child)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Early Childhood Education View 136 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma of DMM.
September 2022 entry: 112 - 128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma of DMM.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you will need 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other components.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2021:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- £9,250 (UK, ROI & CI)
- £15,000 (Int'l)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.