Why study BSc (Hons) Business IT at BU?
- Study to meet the dynamic needs of employers that rely on computing professionals who can combine business and technological skills
- Learn how to integrate computing technology into organisational processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Explore the technological needs of customers and users within businesses
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- Open up a range of opportunities – potential roles range from the likes of business analyst to e-learning developer, technical researcher, IT consultant or business intelligence developer
- 89% of our graduates are either working or studying fifteen months after graduating.
IT plays an ever-more important role in every aspect of our lives and businesses look for professionals who have the skills and drive to succeed in this fast-paced and ever-evolving industry.
You will have the opportunity to specialise in an area of IT that interests you in your final year, ensuring that you have a solid understanding of basic IT principles that will serve you well once you enter the workplace.
Graduates of the Business Information Technology (Hons) course from Bournemouth University are highly sought after, within fifteen months of completing their course, 89% of our students are in further study or work, of which 78% students are employed in a professional or managerial position.
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Programming
- Computer Fundamentals
- Data and Databases
- Networks and Cyber Security
- Application of Programming Principles
- Business Systems Analysis and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Informatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems View 79 other Bachelors in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.