Why study BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering at BU?
- Choose to take the course as either a BEng (Bachelor of Engineering) or MEng (Master of Engineering) qualification
- As well as giving you a solid grounding in engineering, the course provides an inspirational insight into emerging technologies within the sector and how to apply them to real-world situations
- Learn from industry-seasoned academics, practitioners and guest speakers
- You’ll have access to state-of-the-art Innovation Centre, a designated space for Design and Engineering students
- Take part in a career-affirming minimum 30-week period in a work placement, helping you to make contacts and boost your potential within the profession
- Exhibit your work at the Festival of Design & Engineering, one of BU’s longest running events, giving the public and potential employers an insight into your work.
Engineers are constantly in demand and this course will give you all the skills and knowledge you'll need to do well in this varied and fascinating sector. When you graduate from the Mechanical Engineering (Hons) degree at Bournemouth University , you'll be equipped to take on a range of engineering roles across the manufacturing and engineering sectors.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers to meet in part, the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Design with Practice
- Engineering Principles
- Materials with Practice
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Engineering Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 1130 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
T Levels - Merit (120 UCAS tariff points).
Required subjects: Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17595 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17595 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2023 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.