Why study BSc (Hons) Economics at BU?
- Develop an understanding of financial approaches and gain related mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills essential for starting a career in the global market
- Meet industry-leading practitioners and professionals through guest lectures, seminars and assessment activities
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world
- Our graduates work as economic and financial or data analysts, accountants and executives for companies such as Adidas UK Ltd, Apple, BMW Financial Services and British Airways - 89% of them are in employment or further study 15 months after graduation
- Learn from expert, qualified senior staff many of whom are actively engaged in research and/or professional practice.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the general business and management skills required for Economics, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
An Economics (with Foundation Year option) (Hons) programme from Bournemouth University lends itself to various career options and the skills you will acquire while studying this subject – such as business and strategic management, marketing, and communication skills – will help you get ahead in a range of sectors, particularly finance, business, marketing and IT.
There was insufficient data to publish information specifically for this course. This is either because the course size is small or respondent numbers were low. Therefore, the data displayed is from across the last two years.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Economic Thought
- Mathematics for Economic Analysis
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Financial Markets
- Basic Statistical Techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics View 940 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2023 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.