Why study BA (Hons) Computer Animation Art & Design at BU?
- Understand the underlying production principles and practice in computer animation, as well as concepts of creative and aesthetic design
- Undertake a variety of assessments including production-led projects, personal artistic briefs as well as live industry briefs
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Develop the skills to enter roles such as computer graphics and animation artistic directors, animators, and designers, visual effects artists, and visual effects supervisors.
: We are currently developing a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. This page will be updated with more information in October 2021. Please register your interest and we will email you when the foundation year option is open for applicationsStudy at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Moving Image Theory & Practice
- Design for Production
- Lighting & Rendering
- Visual Effects Acquisition
- Personal Inquiry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Video Games & Multimedia View 237 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2022 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your applicatIon. Required subjects include: An Art or Design subject including Art, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Art & Design.
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 66-76%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 65-75%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 65-75%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6.5 or 7.5. Grade depends on course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2022 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £850
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.