Why study BA (Hons) Communication & Media at BU?
- Develop a critical understanding of the role the media plays in culture and society, ranging from the rise of the 'influencer' to the promotion of social issues
- Explore communication theories that can be applied across any media platform including narrative structures and audience theories
- Work on live briefs with local charities such as Volunteer Centre Dorset, The Pantry Partnership, GECCO – Early Years Childcare Environment and Dorset Road Safety
- Work at prestigious companies across a range of industries as placement students and graduates – including Nintendo, Adobe, Mercedes, and Walt Disney
- Publish news and features across our student platforms: Fresher Publishing and Nerve Media.
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media and communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. Enter a range of careers
On this course, you will develop an interdisciplinary, practical skillset in multimedia design and production – including audio, video, scriptwriting and online publishing. You’ll have access to industry-standard software and technical production facilities on campus, including HD TV and radio studios.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication & Marketing
- Media & Society
- Academic & Writing Skills
- Language Matters
Foundation Year includes:
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 111 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2022 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.