The programme has been designed to consolidate and extend your existing skills, knowledge and understanding of your professional practice by investigation, analysis and reflection on aspects of your work with children. This programme is suited to students would are employed in the sector or in a voluntary placement for a minimum of 2 days. The programme is delivered over one full day each week.
- Once you graduate the Early Childhood Studies (top Up) (Hons) program offered by Doncaster College you will be eligible to apply to become an Early Years Teacher. This training supports graduates working with children up to the age of five in maintained, private or voluntary and independent settings.
- Revision programmes are available for undergraduates and graduates who require GCSE equivalency qualifications in Maths, English and Science or who need to refresh their current knowledge in order to pass Key Skills Tests for entry onto Initial Teacher Training programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Current Issues and Contemporary Debates
- Language, Learning and the Curriculum
- Innovation and Change in Early Years
- Advanced Professional Practice
- Early Years Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 145 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
One of the following:
- Foundation Degree/HND Early Childhood Studies – 240 CATS points
- Foundation Degree/HND in relevant area such as Education or Early Years Studies
- Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL)
- C grade in GCSE English and mathematics is desirable but not essential. If you do not have these qualifications you will still be accepted onto the programme but would need to realise that future employment may require these.
- 3 years paid experience within the sector
- Current employment or placement
International8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Doncaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.