The Sciences, Physics programme offered by the Lund University offers the whole three-year Bachelor’s programme in English, and since all of the courses on advanced level are given in English you are free to choose from a wide variety of courses. The courses join theory with laboratory exercises, giving you a good experience in performing and analysing experiments.
As a physicist you will have a broad education and a great range of tools for problem solving, tools which you can apply in almost any situation. These tools include great mathematical and programming skills. On completion of this Bachelor’s programme, students are eligible for a number of different Master’s programmes at Lund University and elsewhere.
The programme starts with a year of basic mathematics, physics and an introduction to science. The second year gives the tools for further studies in physics, through more mathematics, theoretical and modern physics.
The third year consists of more modern physics and elective courses, to gain a deeper and broader understanding in physics. In the last semester students choose elective courses and a Bachelor project. On completion of this Bachelor's programme, students are eligible for a number of different Master's programmes in Lund (and elsewhere).
As a physicist, your expertise will be sought after on the labour market outside academia, in Sweden as well as internationally. Areas in which graduates find employment include information and communication technology, manufacturing, space exploration, life sciences, medicine, pharmacy, energy production, the environment, electronics and materials science.
Around the University and the centres, you will find a large number of innovation companies, making Lund a motor in the economy of southern Scandinavia. Physicists in Lund are working on the cutting edge of everything from particle physics at CERN to nanoscience and photonics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- In the first semester, you will be studying mathematics, where you will learn basic calculus in one variable and basic algebra.
- In the second semester, you will study physics and the basics of mechanics, electromagnetism, optics, and waves and thermodynamics.
- In the third semester, you will learn more mathematical methods, and you will study quantum mechanics.
- The fourth semester is devoted to modern physics.
- The fifth semester consists of more modern physics and elective courses.
- During the sixth, semester you will combine elective courses with your diploma work.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 3 other Bachelors in Mathematics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General and courses corresponding to the following Swedish Upper Secondary School Programs: Chemistry 1, Mathematics 4, Physics 2.
- Seats are allocated according to: The general average (GPA) of your higher secondary school leaving certificate: 100 %.
International14096 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42288 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 435 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.