Why choose this course?
- Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT
- Choose from a wide range of specialist modules, to suit your interests
- Benefit from strong links to business and research
- Flexibility – you may choose this course, which has an emphasis on mainstream computer science and software development, or change to another BSc in our programme
- Be part of a highly regarded well established computer science department with excellent facilities, a strong research background, and links to business and industry
- Prepare yourself for a career in the IT sector through a mix of academic, professional and practical study, with opportunities for industry certifications and a paid placement year. Previous students have worked placements at companies including Microsoft, IBM, and BT
- You will join a lively academic community in the Department of Computer Science at Hertfordshire, one of the largest and most established in the country
- You will be taught by highly qualified staff, most with a PhD or other advanced degree in addition to research, teaching, or professional experience
- The School has an excellent research record and strong links with local and national business, in particular with employers
- Recent graduates from Computer Science have gone on to work at amazing organisations including Sega Europe, Canon UK, and EE.
What job can I get?
Graduate with invaluable work experience alongside your degree and stand out from the crowd.
This Computer Science (Hons) course at The University of Hertfordshire offers you the opportunity to enhance your study and CV with a work placement sandwich year. It’s a chance to explore career possibilities, make valuable contacts and gain sought after professional skills.
Our dedicated Careers and Employment team are here to help guide you through the process. Recent placement students have worked at large organisations such as Apple, BT, IBM, Intel, GSK, Microsoft, and Xerox. Others have worked for smaller organisations, perhaps family-run or near home.
If you take up a work placement between your second and third year of study, at the University of Hertfordshire you’ll pay no tuition fee for this year. We’ll ask you to make your decision in your second year, so there is plenty of time to think about it.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Dimensions of Computing
- Models and Methods in Computing
- Platforms for Computing
- Contemporary Issues
- Database Concepts
- Computer Science Development Exercise
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Operating Systems and Networks
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 173 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112-120 UCAS points.
- BTEC DMM - DDM
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
- IB requirement 112-120 points from a minimum of 2 HL subjects at grade 4 or above
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.