In Economics and Geography (Hons) you’ll learn about the production and distribution of wealth and the consumption of goods and services. You’ll also cover many contemporary world issues. In Geography you’ll study the impact of these issues in terms of geopolitics, sustainable development, environmental conservation and globalisation.
You’ll begin your degree following modules including the Principles of Economics as well as Society and Space - Human Geography at Lancaster University - Management School. In your second year, you’ll study subjects such as Intermediate Microeconomics; Geographies of Political Economy, and Environment and Society. In your final year, you’ll complete a Project in an area that matches your interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Geographical Skills in a Changing World
- Society and space - Human Geography
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Processes and Systems
- Global Environmental Challenges
- Natural Hazards
- Principles of Economics B
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Geography View 906 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAB including Geography grade B
- General Studies: Not accepted
- Preference: Three A-levels
- Key skills: Not included in offer
- GCSE: Maths and English Language, min grade B in both
- Scottish Highers: ABBBB
- Irish Leaving Cert: Offers will be made on the basis of 5 or 6 Higher level subjects. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (01524 592028) for further information
- International Bacc: 35 pts overall with 16 from best three HL courses
- IELTS: 6.5
- Mature students: Applications welcome; interview if favourably considered. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (01524 592028) for further information
International21900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.