Within Multimedia Design B.Sc degree from Vilnius Gediminas Technical University you'll learn that vision and hearing are the two main sensors when interacting with the surrounding environment. Visual and audio synthesis helps to absorb the information better and is used for development of multimedia technologies.
Multimedia is the composition of hardware and software tools, distribution of information with the help of various types of information tools – text, audio, two-dimensional and three-dimensional images, animation and video footage – all are the means employed in interactive communication between the computer and user.
Multimedia technology is spreading rapidly over business, education, media, medicine, virtual communication and entertainment sectors, perhaps due in part to this more efficient absorption of information.
During the Multimedia Design study prorgamme at the Vilnius Gediminas Technical University you will be able to:
- acquire knowledge on computer architecture and operating systems – you will be able to programme and independently learn new programming languages, as well as create interactive applications suitable for all platforms;
- analyse demand of multimedia technology products, create their concepts, select and use appropriate multimedia technology product development technologies;
- acquire fundamental theoretical and practical text, audio, image and video material digital processing and presentation knowledge;
- create multimedia technologies informational systems and their user interface design;
- create products of computer graphics;
challenge multimedia project analysis and development by combining technical, creative and management skills.
Multimedia designers are wanted in the information technology sector, development of websites, companies that are engaged in development and maintenance of information tools, interactive media, graphic design companies, advertising agencies, commercial institutions, education and science institutions, and cultural and public sectors. Students are invited to develop and implement multimedia projects, as well as analyse and visualise digital data.
Graduates will be able to work as multimedia technology designers, developers, or consultants, also as website and multimedia technology developers, website and interactive TV content editors, audio and video engineers, multimedia technology database managers, specialists in information transmission over computer networks, internet marketing managers, and electronic commerce developers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Operating Systems
- Object-oriented Programming
- Human Computer Interaction
Human Computer Interaction
- Design of Multimedia Elements
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University and/or in Lithuania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate with good results (minimum 60% CGPA)
- Entrance score (KB) consists of grades in three subjects: mathematics (M), physics/another science subject/social science subject (F) and English language (A). The entrant's grades are normalized to the maximum possible grade. The normalized grades of individual subjects are multiplied by the weighting factor and added up (formula below).
- Applications must be accompanied by legalized English translations of all transcripts. Unofficial copies are not accepted. Please check country specific requirements for detailed information.
- English language proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3870 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3870 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Multimedia Design.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.