This course will ensure you’re fully equipped for a career in business information systems and are totally up to date on what the industry needs right now.
This Business Information Systems programme at the University of East Anglia combines in-depth teaching on the capabilities of business systems and a thorough grounding in the operations of contemporary businesses. By studying these crucial and exciting subjects you will also develop skills applicable to the wider employment sector, such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, organisation, and time keeping.
The relatively recent move to more iterative computer systems development methods has had a knock on effect on the skills and knowledge required from developers. As a developer, you are now expected to be able to work in small multi-skilled teams alongside your business users. That means you don’t just need technical competence but also the ability to be flexible, creative and a good communicator.
Above all you need to be able to speak your customer’s language – with an understanding of businesses and how they operate. Our external visiting speakers emphasise this point again and again – so we ensure that our business information systems courses give you this important mix of skills.
- Business analysis
- Project management
- Systems development
- Systems analysis
- Business management
This course has been accredited by the British Computer Society for full CITP and partial CEng.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Systems
- Introduction To Business
- Introduction To Organisational Behaviour
- Programming For Applications
- Systems Development
- Web-based Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems Software Engineering View 79 other Bachelors in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB or ABC including one A level in Mathematics, Computing Science , Physics, Electronics or Economics or BBC including one A level in Mathematics, Computing Science, Physics, Electronics or Economics with an A in the Extended Project
- International Baccalaureate 31 points including HL 5 in either Mathematics, Computing Science, Physics or Economics
- Scottish Highers AABBB including either Mathematics, Computing Science, Physics, Electronics or Economics
- Scottish Advanced Highers CCC including either Mathematics, Computing Science, Physics, Electronics or Economics
- Irish Leaving Certificate 2 subjects at H2 and 4 subjects at H3 including either Mathematics, Computing Science, Physics, Electronics or Economics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.