About the program
The Medical Laboratory Science (Honours) program at Charles Darwin University combines theoretical and laboratory-based study, along with industry placements in world-leading institutes.
Graduates enjoy employment opportunities in the identification and diagnosis of disease and pathogens, medical research, forensic pathology, public health and the pharmaceutical industry, both within Australia and Internationally.
You'll graduate ready to perform tests on both human and veterinary specimens, such as blood, tissues and bodily fluids to assist in the diagnosis of disease and provide information about the treatment options. The results of these tests provide physicians with the essential information they need to treat, monitor and prevent disease.
This course is recognised by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). Graduates of this course will be eligible to apply directly to AIMS for professional recognition.
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Chemical Concepts
- Medical Biochemistry
- Clinical Immunology
- Biotechnology and Pharmacogenomics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 181 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 110435B
- Successful completion of a national qualification at Certificate III level or higher.
- Successful completion of at least 0.5 year of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma.
- Overseas secondary or tertiary qualifications considered equivalent to the above Australian qualifications.
- Attainment of a STAT Multiple Choice score of 140.
- In order to complete the research major, students will require a GPA of >5.0; places will be limited and require communication with the course coordinator for specific details.
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.