Aviation Engineering Programme Characteristics
Graduates are equipped to pursue careers in aircraft maintenance engineering, aircraft component engineering, aeronautical engineering, aircraft design, control and propulsion systems, navigation, unmanned aerial vehicles, and many other engineering disciplines. The programme provides hands-on experience with the support of state-of-the-art facilities, such as supersonic wind tunnels, UAV testing systems, and material manufacturing and testing platforms.
The programme is offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Year one: The curriculum is common to both programmes. Students receive a broad education in mathematics and science, and learn about the role and responsibilities of an engineer.
- Year two: The curriculum is common to both programmes. Students acquire knowledge of materials, mechanics, electrical and electronics engineering that are fundamental to aircraft and aviation systems. In addition, students gain hands-on experience of aircraft component manufacturing and maintenance.
- Year three: The third year curriculum provides students with more advanced knowledge of aircraft structure and materials, aerodynamics, propulsion, aircraft dynamics, and control and avionics.
- Year four: Students can apply their skills and knowledge in a final-year project to build up their professional skills as an engineer. Each student can choose a topic that interests them, e.g. unmanned aerial vehicles, avionics, or aircraft design.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 13 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- PolyU welcomes applications from quality candidates from around the world
- The following guidelines are for reference of students who wish to seek admission to PolyU based on non-local qualifications
- GCE Advanced Level or International Advanced Level with passes in 3 AL, OR 2 AL and 2 AS subjects
- A minimum score of 24 with at least grade 4 in 2 Higher Level subjects
- Meet the english language requirements
International18471 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18471 USD per year during 48 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 42,100 HKD per year
- International: 145,000 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.