The curriculum integrates the environmental design and socio economic development of the city focusing on the integrated strategy for urban solutions. With the rapid urbanisation rate, urban problems will increasingly become formidable and reflecting the needs for more integrated design and management.
The Urban Design and Development program from Thammasat University aims to equip the student with integrated built environment design and management mindset to be the leading urban design professionals with integrity and competency to take up the challenge of the urbanised world.
Urban Design and Development graduates are equipped with integrated skill and mindset for urban resolution which enable them to establish various career paths in environmental design and development of the city. The student with international mindset will be able to work in international environment.
The career paths in urban design and development range in various fields. They can start their own business that tackle urban problems, social enterprise to develop service and product for the community, and being part of large scale organisations that contributes to the dynamic development of physical, social and economic growth of the city.
- Ecological Framework in Urban Design
- Environment and Technology in Urban Design and Development
- Data and Decisions in Urban Design and Development
- Urban Tourism
- Real Estate and Housing Development
- Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Sustainable Development Urban Planning View 3 other Bachelors in Urban Planning in Thailand
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Thammasat University and/or in Thailand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An applicant must satisfactorily completed Year 12 (M.6) of secondary education (Local and International Schools) or its equivalent that complies with the curriculum of the Ministry of Education (Thailand) with the cumulative GPA of not less than 2.5.
- The applicant may apply with one of the following English proficiency results TU-GET 400, TOEFL paper-based 400, TOEFL computer-based 97, TOEFL internet-based 32 or IELTS 4.5.Test results must be attained within two years of application submission and must be submitted before the interview.
- An overseas applicant must satisfactorily have completed Year 12 of secondary education or its equivalent that complies with the curriculum of the Ministry of Education (Thailand) and obtains the certificate, the official transcript of General Education Development (GED) that is certified by Maine Department of Education.
International4788 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23943 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
National4788 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23943 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
- total fees for Bachelor: approx. 917,005 THB/full
- total fees for master of Urban Design for 1.5 year: approx. at 502,420 THB/full
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.