Georgia Southern University's Secondary Education program will allow you to choose a specific emphasis area from the following academic subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Mathematics and Physics. Please note some program courses in the English and History Emphasis areas are only offered on the Armstrong Campus. Some program courses in the Physics Emphasis area are only offered on the Statesboro Campus.
Certification and beyond
Successful graduation from our secondary education program will lead to an initial certification in secondary education (grades 6-12). Upon successful completion of the Secondary Education B.S.Ed. Certification Track program and passing the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) content exams in secondary education, and the Educators Ethics Exit 360, you will qualify for a Georgia level 4 Induction certificate upon employment as a teacher.
The Georgia Southern University Office of Undergraduate Admissions oversees the application process for undergraduate students. During the admission process, During the admission process, ALL students interested in either the single certification secondary education program must declare the Secondary Education B.S.Ed. Professional Studies (Non Certification Track) as their intended major.
When accepted to the university, ALL undergraduate education majors are admitted into the Secondary Education B.S.Ed. Professional Studies (Non Certification Track) program. Admission to the Secondary Education B.S.Ed. program will be structured into annual cohorts beginning each fall semester.
- Investigating Critical and Contemporary Issues in Education
- Exploring Socio-Cultural Perspectives on Diversity in Educational Contexts
- Principles of Chemistry
- Exploring Learning and Teaching
- Planning and Instruction for Secondary Educators
- Methods of Teaching Science in Secondary Schools
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Secondary Education View 2915 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- 2.5+ GPA
- Either SAT or ACT test scores
- Attention: Non-native English speakers require a Proof of English Proficiency.
- Non-Native English Speakers must submit Proof of English Proficiency. They may submit SAT, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL Test. Results must be submitted directly from the testing service.
- Complete Admissions Application
- Submit High School Transcripts. If your transcripts are not provided in English, you must submit a certified English translation of all documents.
International19282 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9641 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19282 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9641 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2732 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.