Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Critically discuss concepts, principles and theories relating to the history and theory of the broad field of visual communication.
- Employ the fundamental design principles and theories that underpin the implementation of different projects in areas such as: advertising and social media design, brand identity design, information design, packaging and sustainable design, publications design, typography and type design, art and illustration for graphic design, motion graphic design, web design, and print production.
- Apply a range of critical enquiry and visual investigation strategies in order to evaluate problems and develop innovative design solutions.
- Design and execute an independent research project from the problem recognition stage through to the evaluation and appraisal of findings.
- Create design work to a professional standard utilising software tools and taking into consideration the production constraints discussed in the programme.
- Organise a portfolio of work that demonstrates their skills and competences and corresponds to the quality standards of the international and European graphic design industry.
It provides excellent career opportunities for those who wish to become professional graphic designers, typographers, illustrators, and digital designers in areas including print and electronic publishing (books, magazines, newspapers), information design, branding and advertising, packaging, and print production management, as well as in every sector with a need for digital and online visual design applications.
Our graduates also work as designers for museums, cultural organisations and creative media or go into research work and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Art
- Figure Drawing
- 2D Design
- 3D Design
- Graphic Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesGraphic Design Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 3 other Bachelors in Digital Communication in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum admission requirement to an undergraduate programme of study is a recognized High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) or equivalent internationally recognized qualification(s). Students with a lower HSLC grade than 7.5/10 or 15/20 or equivalent depending on the grading system of the country issuing the HSLC are provided with extra academic guidance and monitoring during the first year of their studies.
- In addition to the above all applicants are expected to submit a portfolio of art/design/multimedia, ideally in both electronic and physical form.
- Portfolios will be submitted by the applicant during an interview, which may be conducted online, scheduled by the University of Nicosia and will be assessed by the Department’s admissions panel. The interview takes the form of a discussion around the applicant’s range of skills and interests, focusing on the portfolio of work in graphic and/or multimedia design, the arts or related areas.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9120 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9120 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA8880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.