The Latin American Studies program at University of Calgary will provide you with a critical understanding of the region through academic study, field schools that take place in Latin America, and training in either the Spanish or Portuguese language.
As a Latin American Studies graduate you’ll be prepared for career opportunities in areas such as government, the non-profit sector, and business. A degree in Latin American Studies can also be used as a stepping-stone to graduate studies or another professional degree such as law, business, journalism, library science or education.
- Co-operative work placement - Gain valuable full-time paid work experience that alternates with your academic studies.
- Study abroad opportunities - Cultural and academic experiences at destinations around the world.
- Beginners' Spanish
- Critical Contemporary Issues in Latin America
- Field Study in Latin America
- Latin American Field Research
- Latin America: People, Places and Popular Culture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies American Studies View 287 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants educated in other countries may be considered for admission on their academic merits. Those completing Canadian high school courses will have the grades obtained in these courses used in lieu of equivalents obtained on international certificates.
- Meet the minimum admission requirements as specified in section A.5 of the Calendar
- Meet the University’s English Language Proficiency requirement
- Be either a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Indicate their desire to be considered under this category on the Application for Admission
- Provide contact information for two references
- Complete a personal profile outlining circumstances, personal achievements and educational goals
- Provide official transcripts from all high school and post-secondary institutions attended
International24408 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12204 CAD per semester during 48 months.
National6596 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3298 CAD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.