The Animation Game Design program from Kent State University prepares students for careers by developing technical competency, creative/independent problem solving and conceptual understanding necessary for the challenges of a career in the creative industries. Upon graduation, students have created a professional-quality portfolio to enter the field of content creators and are prepared for jobs in technical illustration, two- and three-dimension modeling, game design, animation, artistic production and exhibition. Students are guided in selecting courses that support a given concentration. They can take courses in various aspects of art, design and film/video.
The Animation Game Design major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Animation concentration involves bringing motion to still objects or displaying a sequence of still images to create the illusion of motion or life. Animation involves more than just character motion; it includes motion graphics, video editing, special effects, cameras and video output. Students learn how to animate characters, elements of environments and graphics.
- The Game Design concentration provides the environment and content creation in two- and three-dimension models. The focus is on the design part of game environments to be used on platforms such as personal computers, smart phones and game consoles.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate current skills in two- and three-dimension modeling, animation and game design.
- Apply design thinking to technological problems, including demonstrating familiarity with design thinking applicable to their professional work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethics (and legal issues) closely associated with fields of modeling, animation and game design.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills — both verbally and in written form — with technical, business and design professionals, including effective communication as individuals and as part of a project team.
- Participate in and lead multidisciplinary project teams, demonstrating theoretical and practical understanding of team dynamics.
- Demonstrate appreciation for diverse cultures and individual differences and reflect that appreciation in their work.
- Engage in continuous learning, as well as research and assess new ideas and information to provide the capabilities for lifelong learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Two Dimension Graphics
- Modeling and Texturing
- Fundamentals of Mixed Reality
- Digital Sculpting
- Gaming and Culture
- Animation Theory
- Solid Modeling
- Animation and Game Design Practicum (Elr)
- Two-dimension Communication
- Modeling for Architecture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: Feb. 1 - Application Deadline for Merit Scholarship Consideration
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 2679 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- New first-year applicants must finish secondary school in their home country by the time of enrollment to be eligible for university (comparable to the completion of senior high school in the U.S.). A student who has previously enrolled in a post-secondary (higher education) institution is required to apply as a transfer student.
- First-year undergraduate applicants should meet the minimum requirement of GPA 2.5 on a U.S. 4.0 scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21578 USD per year during 48 months.
National21578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21578 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12471 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12471 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.