At International Foundation Certificate in Media, Culture and Society from Goldsmiths, University of London you will have a personal tutor, who you meet in small groups or on a one-to-one basis to discuss progress on the course, general approaches to study, and ways of maximising language learning. Tutors will also support you in finalising your plans for future study.
Students at International Foundation Certificate in Media, Culture and Society from Goldsmiths, University of London will have the ability to:
- develop or consolidate their language skills in academic English
- undertake preliminary study in the subject areas they would like to study at BA level
- familiarise themselves both with ways of working in British academic culture and in the standards required at undergraduate degree level
- Academic Reading and Writing
- Academic Listening and Speaking
- Globalising Cultures
- Understanding Images
- Approaches to Textual Analysis: Film Studies
- Cultural Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology Media Studies & Mass Media View 1632 other programmes in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A good high school leaving certificate or equivalent academic study with some evidence of learning in relevant subjects.
- Evidence of English language proficiency:
- You must normally be 17 years of age or above.
- All non-native English speakers will be considered. However, please be aware that all students will be subject to the International rate of fees.
- A reference
- A personal statement
- Transcript or student record
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15040 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.