Employers seek new hires who understand the unique intersection of healthcare, technology, and the data analytics that support decision making in this rapidly growing field.
Employers seek new hires who understand the unique intersection of healthcare, technology, and the data analytics that support decision making in this rapidly growing field. We offer a broad technology education that includes Database Design, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, and Technology Ethics. Additionally, students learn how to analyze technology support systems and data to help healthcare providers make better decisions. The program was designed with healthcare professionals to help students understand how to direct the flow of information between the clinical, administrative, and financial systems in the healthcare industry.
Graduates with the Health Information Technology degree from Miami University are qualified for careers as a business or systems analyst; data analytics; medical device integration specialist; security analyst for clinical applications; software optimizer; and technical support specialist. Graduates often seek advanced degrees in related areas.
- Principles of Human Physiology
- Healthcare Information Technology Around the World
- Healthcare Workflow and Process Improvement
- Business Intelligence Tools
- Health Information Technology I
- Global and Strategic Issues in Information Technology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Health Informatics Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 434 other Bachelors in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recommendation is not required but may be provided on your behalf.
- Academic records include all secondary school studies, beginning with 9th grade through the most current available at time of application. Proof of secondary school graduation is required before enrolling at Miami.
- Send TOEFL or IELTS test scores to Miami or provide alternative proof of English language proficiency.
- Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee (or use a qualified fee waiver) via your application.
- Students applying for Fall 2022 are not required to provide an ACT or SAT test score for admission, honors, or scholarship consideration. On the Common Application, you will identify whether you want Miami to use your scores — if you do, test scores must be provided by the application deadline.
International37380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37380 USD per year during 48 months.
National37380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37380 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16704 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.