Nursing - Registered Nurse from California State University Long Beach is for students who have completed an Associate Degree in Nursing at a community college and have met all requirements needed to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a licensed registered nurse (RN). Students applying to this program must already have their RN license or be eligible to take the NCLEX.
- Clinical Staff Nurse
- Nurse Consultant
- Public Health Nurse
- Ambulatory Care Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Nurse Scientist
- Home Health Care Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Pathophysiology for Nurses
- Dimensions of Professional Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Professional Nursing Practice Preceptorship
- Health Care Delivery Systems and Nursing Leadership
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1353 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University Long Beach and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Hold a current RN license or be eligible for licensure in the state of California;
- Graduation from an accredited Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program or evaluation of diploma program for equivalency by an Accredited Associate Degree program (note: an Associate Degree in a non-nursing major will not meet this requirement);
- Have 56 to 70 transferable units including statistics and chemistry (CHEM 140 preferred);
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 in all community college courses required for the Associate Degree in Nursing
- Maintain malpractice and health insurance throughout clinical coursework and submit to a criminal background check and drug screen;
- Fulfill the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) either prior to admission or within the first semester in the program.
International5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
National5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.