Students at the The Food Science and Technology Technology program from Mahidol University gain knowledge on physical, microbiological, and chemical properties and compositions of food, from raw materials all the way to finished products. Interrelated fields such as nutritional science, sensory science, processing and engineering enable students to develop and manufacture safe and nutritious food products to meet consumer demand. The students will be stimulated to develop research specialization with strong critical thinking and innovation.
Students can choose between two options in the third year, a research option and a work integrated education option that allow students to hone their skills through research or through experiences in industrial settings. In the final year, the students can select between two modules; food innovation and design module or culinary science module or they can explore more knowledge in many different areas of their choices.
- Quality control or quality assurance positions in food manufacturing and related markets
- Research chef, culinary scientist
- Positions in Food Product Research and Development departments
- Opportunities in trading and services departments in private and governmental sectors
- Careers in food manufacturing and related markets
- Food business startup
- Food Chemistry and Quality
- Foods for Sports and Exercises
- Food Product and Process Design
- Food Safety and Sanitation Management
- Science of Thai Culinary Arts
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Food Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A copy of your high school transcript (with English translation)
- GED submissions must pass 4 subjects with a minimum score of 600 and an official high school transcript of grade 10 or its equivalence with at least 2 terms.
- A certified copy of your high school diploma or its equivalent (with English translation)
- School Profile in English Version
- Three 1x1 photographs
- Non-native English speaking applicants must submit official results from either the TOEFL iBT or Copy of IELTS Academic with at least 2 years’ validity
- Two letters of recommendation
- A photocopy of your passport
- Statement of Purpose (250 words at least)
- Medical Certificate
- Financial Statement
International7584 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30338 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National5822 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23290 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
845,700 Baht - resident
1,101,600 Baht - non resident
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.