It has a practical focus, with employability integrated into the course. Students who successfully complete the programme and comply with additional professional requirements set out by CILEX will be awarded the LLB by the University of Law and can also attain Paralegal and Advanced Paralegal status under the CILEX Professional Qualification (CPQ) Framework.
Attendance is not required
There is a high level of interaction and students receive peer and one-to-one professional tutor review. Students will study the key legal topics and related skills that are critical for the modern law student. The students study four modules in years 1 and 2 and five modules in years 3 and 4.
The course will delver an insight into critical legal topics and develop knowledge and understanding of key concepts in a practical environment. Students will have practical issues raised and develop relevant skills of analysis, research, problem-solving and communication skills so as to resolve issues but also the relevant skills to be able to communicate them.
Students who enrol onto the course must also be student members of CILEX.
This means students on the programme gain the benefits offered to student members of CILEX which include: access to a career portal (myCareer) and a catalogue of CPD and other learning material; invitations to networking and CPD events; receipt of the quarterly journal; policy updates and technical guidance; and advice and guidance on all aspects of CPQ.
It also includes provision of the 2 Ethics and Professional Responsibility modules and checking of the Professional Experience requirements of students who wish to apply for CILEX Paralegal and Advanced Paralegal status.
A CILEX Lawyer is a lawyer authorised to practice in a specialist area of law. This programme allows a student to compelete the first 2 (of 3) stages of the CILEX Professional Qualification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the programme's website.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies View 36 other Bachelors in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BBB at A Level and Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language, or equivalent qualifications.
- Students must also provide their CILEX Student Membership Number, which will be automatically shared with ULaw by CILEX once applicants complete their CILEX student membership application.
- Students who would like to apply via our non-standard route should demonstrate a minimum of 2 years professional work experience evidencing management of people and/or processes and provide a professional reference. Students must also possess GCSE English Language at Grade 4 or equivalent, as well as successfully passing a formal interview.
- Students who will be under the age of 18 but no younger than 17 at the commencement of the course are permitted.
- International entry requirements: An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6935 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6935 GBP per year during 48 months.
National6935 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6935 GBP per year during 48 months.
- 2023/24: Fee - £6,935 per annum & £250 deposit.
- Fees are locked for future study years i.e. the student will pay the same price each year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.