The students will study the linguistic systems underlying language, exploring in detail how the language is structured, acquired, used and taught. In addition, the relationship between text, language, reader and author, society, economy, politics, culture and the individual will be explored.
The aim of the English Language and Literature programme at Unicaf Scholarships is to provide students with a double major in the areas of English Literature and Linguistics, incorporating aspects of teaching methodology.
The degree objectives target students’ ability to:
- demonstrate critical thinking skills as reader, writer and viewer to literature and film in English from different genres, geographical spaces and historical periods.
- recognize, explain and apply current approaches in literary theory.
- analyse and discuss a variety of literary texts and theories brought in dialogic interaction.
- examine the relationship between text, reader, author and the sociocultural and politico-economic context.
- recognize linguistic resources that may be exploited in written texts.
- combine descriptive analysis with more critical and theoretical work, which develops students’ understanding of texts and/or language systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Writing
- History of the English Language
- Globalization, Identity and English Language Education
- Language and the Brain
- Romantic and Victorian Poetry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Regular admission to a Bachelor degree programme requires a full Grade 12 Certificate with O-levels at credit or higher in a number of subjects depending on the course of study
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma may be considered for entry.
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for credit transfer.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.