During this (Hons) Virtual and Augmented Reality program from University for the Creative Arts you'll be introduced to the fundamentals of immersive technologies, before honing your skills on exciting projects, where you'll also learn about the processes and workflows you'll find in the workplace after graduation.
You have the option to complete a Professional Practice Year as part of this course. This will give you the opportunity to develop your professional, academic and personal potential, equipping you to be confident and engaged in creative workplaces. Employers widely recognise these qualities, and a significant proportion of placement students are offered graduate-level jobs or go onto postgraduate study.
Industry placement offer
Preparing graduates for successful careers underpins everything we do, and all students on this course will be offered an industry placement anywhere between two weeks and a year in length, depending on their individual needs. We’ll draw on our wide range of contacts within the creative industries to ensure you’re offered opportunities that align with your interests and future career aspirations.
Programme StructureYour units will be:
- Process, Production & Workflows
- Design Sprint/Game Jam (elective)
- Diversity & Inclusion/Placement
- Enterprise & Commercial Contexts for Immersive Experiences
- Design Sprint/Digital Art & Technology
- Industry Focus
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 498 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112 new UCAS tariff points, see accepted qualifications
- Pass at Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (Level 3 or 4)
- Distinction, Merit, Merit at BTEC Extended Diploma / BTEC National Extended Diploma
- Merit at UAL Extended Diploma
- 112 new UCAS tariff points from an accredited Access to Higher Education Diploma in appropriate subject
- 27-30 total points in the International Baccalaureate Diploma with at least 15 IB points at Higher level
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.